Being a professional athlete is tough. You train, practice, and devote a massive amount of time to perfecting your skill. To you, determination means shedding blood, sweat and tears, every day. Your athleticism runs deep to the core of who you are.
As a female-led fitness company we celebrate and honor the brilliant female athletes of the world. Women worldwide have made leaps and bounds overcoming obstacles and adversities in athletics and sports. Here are some highlights of the biggest milestones in US women’s sports history:
- Title IX is signed into law by President Nixon in 1972
- Billie Jean King defeats Bobby Riggs in the “Battle of the Sexes” tennis match in 1973
- Women’s US soccer team wins the first Women’s World Cup in 1991
- All-American Girls Professional Baseball League forms in 1943
- The WNBA is established in 1997
- The Wimbledon tennis tournament announces that it will pay women and men equal prize money for the first time in 2007
- First female NBA coach, Becky Hammon is hired in 2014
- First female NFL coach, Jen Welter is hired in 2015
As women, we’ve come a long way since the 1970’s, and we continue to push the envelope in sports and fitness. Our very own Founder and CEO pioneered the dance fitness phenomenon, developing it into the recognizable wellness brand it is today.
As we continue to exceed limits and achieve greatness, let’s recognize each other and appreciate every single woman athlete has attributed to the successes of today. Cheers to you, and the future of women athletes!